Insurance Agents and Brokers
Other titles : automobile insurance agent, insurance sales representative, life insurance agent, sales agent, insurance
Insurance agents and brokers sell life, automobile, property, health and other types of insurance to individuals, businesses and public institutions. Insurance agents are employed by individual insurance companies or are independent representatives. Insurance brokers are employed by brokerage firms, or may work in partnerships or hold sole proprietorship.
Main duties :
- sell automobile, fire, health, life, property, marine, aircraft and other types of insurance to clients;
- establish client insurance coverage, calculate premiums and establish method of payment;
- provide information concerning group and individual insurance packages, the range of risk coverage, benefits paid and other policy features;
- ensure appropriate forms, medical examinations and other policy requirements are completed;
- monitor insurance claims and respond to clients' enquiries;
- identify and solicit potential clientele.
Regions where this career
has the best propspects:
Diploma of College Studies (DCS)
Program length : 3 years
The aim of the Insurance and Financial Advisory Services program is to train individuals to perform various activities related to insurance and financial services.