Accounting and Related Clerks
Other titles : billing clerk, budget clerk, cost accounting clerk, tariff clerk
This unit group includes clerks who calculate, prepare and process bills, invoices, accounts payable and receivable, budgets and other financial records according to established procedures. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
Main duties :
- calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems;
- code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements in a ledger or computer system;
- compile budget data and documents based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets;
- prepare period or cost statements or reports;
- calculate costs of materials, overhead and other expenses based on estimates, quotations, and price lists;
- respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems;
- perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
Program length : 1 ½ years
To develop the skills necessary to complete accounting tasks such as: to calculate and prepare the bills, invoices, receipts, payments, etc. of a business, to manage the petty cash, to produce the payroll, to calculate prices, to accurately complete and verify work for daily accounting tasks, to complete end of fiscal period and end of year tasks, produce income tax forms, and to create an accounting system.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
Program length : 3 years
To enable students to acquire competence in the exercise of the profession, i.e. in carrying out the tasks and activities of the profession at the level required for entry into the hob market, to help students integrate into the working world by familiarizing them with the job market in general and the fields of accounting and management in particular, to foster students' personal growth and encourage their continuing professional development, to ensure students' future job mobility by helping them to acquire career-management skills and an awareness of entrepreneurship.
Pour une carrière en or : tes perspectives d'emploi dans l'industrie minière (in french only).