Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors
Other titles : aero-engine mechanic, aircraft accessories mechanic, aircraft accessories repairman/woman, aircraft body repairer, aircraft engine inspector, aircraft engine mechanic, aircraft engine tester, aircraft gas turbine engine technician, aircraft inspector, aircraft maintenance technician, aircraft mechanical systems inspector, aircraft repair and overhaul inspector, aircraft safety systems mechanic, preflight mechanic, structural repair technician
Aircraft mechanics maintain, repair, overhaul, modify and test aircraft structural, mechanical and hydraulic systems. Aircraft inspectors inspect aircraft and aircraft systems following manufacture, modification, maintenance, repair or overhaul. Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors are employed by aircraft manufacturing, maintenance, repair and overhaul establishments, and by airlines and other aircraft operators.
Main duties :
- Troubleshoot aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust and repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures
- Repair and overhaul aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems
- Install or modify aircraft engines and mechanical, hydraulic, flight control, fuel and pneumatic systems
- Dismantle airframes, aircraft engines or other aircraft systems for repair, overhaul and cleaning, and reassemble
- Perform and document routine maintenance
- Order and maintain inventory of parts and supplies.
- Inspect structural and mechanical systems of aircraft and ensure that these systems meet Transport Canada and company standards of performance and safety
- Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing maintenance, repair and overhaul, or modification of aircraft and aircraft mechanical systems to ensure adherence to standards and procedures
- Maintain detailed repair, inspection and certification records and reports.
Diploma of College Studies (DCS)
Program Lenght: 3 years
The Aircraft Maintenance program aims to train technicians to work in an aircraft organization, repair centres, and manufacturing centres. These technicians will be able to provide maintainance on motors, aircraft, propellers and helicopters. They will also assure the maintenance of aircraft, flight controls and instrumentation systems. Aircraft maintenance technicians will also perform unplanned inspection in addition to performing the activities related to the design and manufacturing of aircraft components.