Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Clerks
Other titles : accounting clerks supervisor, accounting section head, accounting supervisor, accounts payable analyst
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Accounting and Related Clerks (1431), Payroll Clerks (1432), Customer Service Representatives - Financial Services (1433), Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Clerks (1434) and Collectors (1435). They are employed by banks and other financial institutions, insurance companies, and by other establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
Main duties :
- implement efficient working processes and co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: administering accounts payable and receivable; processing, verifying and recording financial documents and forms; administering payrolls; serving customers in banks, trust companies and other financial institutions; processing, verifying and recording insurance claims and forms; and collecting user fees and payments on overdue accounts;
- examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine payments, credits, deposits and withdrawals;
- establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments;
- resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports;
- identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies;
- requisition supplies and materials;
- ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work;
- may perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Regions where this career
has the best propspects:
Diploma of College Studies (DCS)
Program lenght : 3 years
The aim of the Insurance and Financial Advisory Services program is to train individuals to perform various activities related to insurance and financial services.