Other titles : accounting bookkeeper, bookkeeper, bookkeeping clerk, senior bookkeeper
Bookkeepers maintain complete sets of books, keep records of accounts, verify the procedures used for recording financial transactions, and provide personal bookkeeping services. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
Main duties :
- keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems;
- post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements;
- calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls and for utility, tax and other bills;
- complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers' compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents;
- prepare tax returns and perform other personal bookkeeping services;
- prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
Program length : 1 ½ years
To develop the skills necessary to complete accounting tasks such as: to calculate and prepare the bills, invoices, receipts, payments, etc. of a business, to manage the petty cash, to produce the payroll, to calculate prices, to accurately complete and verify work for daily accounting tasks, to complete end of fiscal period and end of year tasks, produce income tax forms, and to create an accounting system.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
Program length : 3 ans
To enable students to acquire competence in the exercise of the profession, i.e. in carrying out the tasks and activities of the profession at the level required for entry into the hob market, to help students integrate into the working world by familiarizing them with the job market in general and the fields of accounting and management in particular, to foster students' personal growth and encourage their continuing professional development, to ensure students' future job mobility by helping them to acquire career-management skills and an awareness of entrepreneurship.